Community and Regional Economic Development
Our work in regional and community economic development focuses on helping communities:
- develop lean and realistic plans that can be implemented, monitored and modified;
- create agile organizations that can implement and modify plans based on changing conditions;
- differentiate between marketing and selling; and
- apply the essence of sophisticated analytical techniques to provide answers to the questions as asked and respect the limits of the information available and strengths of the techniques.
Our work in international development focuses on process and outcome evaluations and provides strategic guidance to manage for results.
Our work in socio-economic analysis focuses on forces that:
- drive the development and location decisions of businesses, households and public facilities;
- lie behind demographic change; and
- determine how regions grow (and decline).
Our analyses employ tools for:
- economic and demographic modelling;
- statistical analysis;
- opportunity and feasibility assessment;
- planning; and
- evaluation and monitoring.